Saturday, December 5, 2015

2015-12-01 ROSA PARKS!

2015-12-01 ROSA PARKS!
=====================
As any good provocateur knows, things like this don't just happen, but are carefully planned in advance... But I always envied Rosa Parks, for the simplicity of provocation at that time... Today, it is much more difficult to plan and execute a good provocation... smile emoticon
I had a chanced to shake her hand once, about a decade ago, not long before she passed away. Guests were staying with me in Los Angeles, and as part of my hosting routines, I took them out to the House of Blues on Sunset Blvd. The House of Blues was running Spiritual Sunday Brunch. When we got there it turned out that Rosa Parks was there (the place is not a big hall at all), and a line formed of people, waiting to shake her hand...
Rosa Parks was a civil rights icon who set the wheels of justice in motion.
latimes.com|By Los Angeles Times

No comments: