Request filed with AG Eric Holder for Equal Protection in Los Angeles County – compliance of the US with international law and accords.
Washington DC, May 20, 2010 – Human Rights Alert, a Los Angeles County, California filed a request with US Attorney General, Eric Holder, for Equal Protection of the 10 million residents of Los Angeles County. The letter alleged lawlessness in Los Angeles County, California, the hallmarks of which are large-scale false imprisonments and fraud by large financial institutions against the US government and against individuals. The letter alleged that such lawlessness, and failure of the US District Court to protect Human Rights are tied to ambiguity and lack of integrity that were introduced in US court records and court procedures following the introduction – with no public oversight – of new computerized online public access and case managements systems at the US Courts – PACER and CM/ECF. The most notorious example of opined false imprisonments listed in the letter were the thousands of blacks and latinos – the Rampart-FIPs – victims of the Rampart scandal (1998-2000). The alleged false imprisonment of Richard Fine, 70 yo former US prosecutor, who is held under solitary confinement and false hospitalization for over a year was also noticed, as well as the alleged false imprisonment of thousands in the Los Angeles County jails, documented in submission to the United Nations, as part of the 2010 Universal Periodic Review of Human Rights in the United States. The opined fraud by Countrywide Financial Corporation, Bank of America Corporation, and its President Brian Moynihan were provided as examples of fraud by financial institutions against individuals and against the US Government. Such fraud was opined and documented in complaints filed with Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and FBI. Los Angeles County was defined by FBI already in the early 2000s as the “epicenter of real estate and mortgage fraud.”
The letter noticed Attorney General Holder that the failure of US government to accord Equal Protection in Los Angeles County, California, was brought already in 2008 before his predecessor, Michael Mukasey, and inquiries were filed by US Congress on FBI and US Attorney General in that matter. The responses provided by Kenneth Kaiser – Assistant Director of FBI and Kenneth Melson – Director of US Attorneys Office – were alleged as fraud on US Congress. Accordingly, in November 2009 complaint was filed with US Department of Justice Inspector General Glenn Fine against the two senior US Department of Justice Officers, who signed the responses. After the Inspector General failed to respond on the complaint, Senator Dianne Feinstein issued an inquiry on the Inspector General, and his response to US Congress on the matter is now overdue.
The letter to Attorney General Eric Holder called upon him to demonstrate respect by the US Government for its obligations pursuant to international law – to protect Human Rights, and pursuant to the Basel Accords – to implement functional banking regulation. The letter emphasized the failure of the first ever US president and US Attorney General, who self identify as black, to act regarding Human Rights disgrace of historic proportions – the ongoing opined false imprisonment of thousands of blacks and latinos in Los Angeles County – the Rampart –FIPs.
Response by US State Department on the submissions to the United Nations as part of the first ever - 2010 review of Human Rights in the US – is due in August 2010, and the review session and report by the United Nations are due in November 2010. Numerous stakeholders, including nations that are considered friendly, filed submissions with the United Nations as part of the review, alleging serious violations of Human Rights in the United States, particularly – related to the conduct of the US justice system. It remains to be seen how Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would respond on such allegations to the international community.
May 20, 2010
Attorney General of the United States
The favor of a response within 10 days is requested.
RE: Repeat Request for Equal Protection of the 10 Million Residents of Los Angeles County, California – and for Respect by US Government of Its Duties and Obligations Pursuant to International Law- the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Pursuant to the Basel Accord on International Banking.
Dear Attorney General Holder:
Please accept the records, linked below, , , , ,  as a repeat request that your office accord Equal Protection under the Law for the 10 millions who reside in Los Angeles County, California, and that the US Government respect its duties and obligations pursuant to ratified international law – the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the Basel Accords on international banking.
The presentation,  and the Human Rights Alert (NGO) submission  to the United Nations as part of the 2010 UPR (Universal Periodic Review) of Human Rights in the United States, provide an overview as well as specific evidence of the alleged widespread, large-scale violations of Human Rights in Los Angeles County, California, and elsewhere in the United States. The core allegation is that such conditions resulted from conditions of ambiguity in court records and court procedures of the US federal courts, following the introduction, with no public oversight, of new online public access and case management systems - PACER and CM/ECF. Additional evidence to that effect is provided in a record written as solicitation of expert opinions regarding integrity, or lack thereof, in records and procedures of the US District Court, Los Angeles, as a result of the design and mode of operation of the systems.  The hallmarks of the resulting alleged violations of Human Rights are in (a) Large-scale false imprisonments in Los Angeles County, California, and (b) Cripples banking regulation – the evidence from Los Angeles County, California compellingly documents financial institutions fraud against individuals and against the US government.
Equal Protection in Los Angeles County, California, is specifically requested in the following cases, where compelling evidence supporting the allegations below was detailed in the records forwarded to the United Nations in the 2010 UPR Submission and Appendix, ,  and also in complaints filed with FBI and US Attorneys Office:
1) Richard Fine’s Alleged False Imprisonment – The 70 yo former US prosecutor is held for over a year in solitary confinement in a hospital room in Los Angeles, California, with no reasonable medical justification, with no warrant ever discovered, and with no judgment or conviction ever entered in his case.
2) The Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) – Their number was estimated in various sources between 8,000 and 30,000 – the victims of the Los Angeles County Rampart corruption scandal (1998-2000), almost exclusively blacks and latinos, who have never been released from false imprisonments.
3) Thousands of Allegedly Falsely Imprisoned Inmates in the Los Angeles County Jails - The Human Rights Alert submission to the United Nations documented the routine holding of inmates with no records conforming with the fundamentals of the law.
4) Joseph Zernik – Opined by Leading Fraud Experts as a Victim of Real Estate fraud in Los Angeles County, California, by large financial institutions and others - The case is but one example of numerous cases evidence of which was produced in Los Angeles County, California. FBI defined Los Angeles County already in the early 2000’s, as the “Epicenter of the epidemic of real estate and mortgage fraud.” FBI repeatedly promised the US Congress to investigate, and speed up the investigations of such alleged criminality by financial institutions. However, in fact - FBI refuses to investigate and provide protection even when leading fraud experts reviewed the matter and opined of fraud, and even when FBI agent assigned to the case agreed already in 2008 that real estate fraud was perpetrated. The specific case of Joseph Zernik also included direct evidence of fraud against the US government by Countrywide Financial Corporation and Bank of America Corporation,  which provide detailed evidence of the alleged large scale fraud against the US government, which underlies the current financial crisis. Particularly troubling is the refusal of FBI to investigate compelling evidence of fraud by Brian Moynihan and Bank of America Corporation – recipients of some $200 Billions in bailout funds.
The request for Equal Protection for the 10 million residents of Los Angeles County was first filed with your predecessor as Attorney General in 2008. When office of the US Attorney General failed to respond, inquiries were filed by the Hon Dianne Feinstein, Senator from California, and the Hon Diane Watson, Congresswoman from Los Angeles, California. Responses were provided to US Congress in August-September 2008 by FBI Assistant Director Kenneth Kaiser, and US Attorneys Office Director Kenneth Melson. Such responses were alleged as fraud by senior US officers on the US Congress in complaint filed in November 2009 with Glenn Fine – US Department of Justice Inspector General. After the Inspector General failed to respond on the complaint, inquiry was issued by the Hon Diane Feinstein on the Inspector General, whose response to US Congress on the matter is overdue.
Therefore, you are respectfully requested to accord Equal Protection to the 10 million residents of Los Angeles County, California, where the evidence compellingly documented disintegration of the US Justice system and banking regulation. You are also respectfully requested to demonstrate respect by the US government of its duties and obligations pursuant to International Law- the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the Basel Accords on international banking. Failure by your office to act on such matters, and allowing continued lawlessness, exposes the US and others to risks, which are difficult or impossible to assess.
Particularly troubling is the refusal, so far, of the first US President and the first US Attorney General. who self-identify as black, to take action to remedy Human Rights disgrace of historic proportions - the ongoing false imprisonment of thousands of blacks and latinos - the Rampart-FIPs.
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (HRA), NGO
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (HRA), NGO
1) UN High Commissioner on Human Rights
2) Basel Accord Committee on International Banking
3) Senator Dianne Feinstein- DC
4) Senator Dianne Feinstein- SF
5) Rep Barney Frank - Chair, House Financial Services Committee
6) Senator Christopher Dodd - Chair, Senate Banking Committee
7) Senator Patrick Leahy- Chair, Judiciary Committee
8) Rep John Conyers Jr – Chair, House Judiciary Committee
9) Senator Carl Levine – Chair, Senate Investigations Committee
 Powerpoint presentation of 2010 UPR submission by Human Rights Alert
 April 19, 2010 Human Rights Alert submission for the 2010 UPR (Universal Periodic Review) of Human Rights in the United States by the United Nations:
a) Press Release:
d) UPR Tool Kit by the Urban Justice Center:
 Human Rights in the Digital Era - solicitation of expert opinions.
 Addendum to complaint against Brian Moynihan and Bank of America Corporation for fraud and various other alleged criminal conduct:
 Addendum to complaint filed with US Department of Justice Inspector General alleging fraud by senior US officers on US Congress in 2008 responses on complaint requesting Equal Protection for the 10 million residents of Los Angeles County, California.http://www.scribd.com/doc/28125499/10-03-09-Addendum-to-Complaint-to-DOJ-IG-Regarding-Fraud-by-Kenneth-Kaiser-Assistant-Director-of-FBI-for-Criminal-Investigations