As Chief Legal Counsel of Countrywide and Associate General Counsel of Bank of America Sandor Samuels was integral to one of the largest frauds in the history of mankind - against the US taxpayers, against shareholders, and against homeowners from coast to coast. More recently he expressed his commitment to "repairing the world".
Los Angeles, April 7 - in a letter to President of Bet Tzedek - "The House of Justice" - Sandor Samuels, Joseph Zernik, PhD, of Human Rights Alert (NGO) asked Mr Samuels' help in stopping fraud against California homeowner Susan Lomas under the guise of litigation in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Sandor Samuels previously served as Chief Legal Counsel of Countrywide, where he was in charge of all litigation matters.
Under his tenure in Countrywide and Bank of America:
- In January 2008 - Countrywide Financial Corporation collapsed, following the publication of a report by the New York Times regarding the filing of "Recreated Letters" as evidence in the US Bankruptcy Court in Pennsylvania. [i]
- In March 2008 - The Hon Jeff Bohm entered a Memorandum Opinion in the US Bankruptcy Court in Texas, referring to a year-long study of the litigation practices of Countrywide in courts across the United States and documenting various litigation fraud methods employed by the bank and its attorneys, which were summarized as "disregard for the professional and ethical obligations of the legal profession and judicial system". (p8) [ii]
- In May 2010 - Evidence of racketeering in the courts by Countrywide and BofA, including direct involvement by Sandor Samuels and Brian Moynihan (BofA President) was filed with US law enforcement. [iii]
More recently Mr Samuels expressed his commitment to "repairing the world", and assumed the position of President of Bet Tzedek - The House of Justice - a charity affiliated with the Los Angeles Jewish Federation.
In Lomas v Bank of America(KC059379) Plaintiff Susan Lomas is trying to protect her rights through a Quiet Title action against alleged fraud by Bank of America and others in foreclosure procedures.
The case is opined by Dr Zernik as Fraud on the Court through collusion of BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATION, California Judge PETER MEEKA, Clerk of the Court JOHN A CLARKE, and Attorney MARK ASDOURIAN aimed to dispossess Plaintiff Susan Lomas, while denying her Due Process and access to an honest court.
A pattern of false and deliberately misleading court records is found in the case: [v]
- None of the minutes were certified by the Deputy Clerk of the Court;
- None of the minutes were noticed and served by the Court;
- Multiple proceedings were secretly listed in the minutes as "off of the record";
- No Initial Case Management Conference was ever held;
- Plaintiff has been repeatedly denied access to the Register of Actions (California civil docket), where the true registration of the proceedings (or lack thereof) would be discerned;
- An invalid online "Case Summary" is published by the Court, which would lead a naive reader to conclude that valid and effectual proceedings have been held and rulings have been entered by the court.
- Attorney Mark Asdourian appears in the case for BofA, while refusing to provide certificate of Attorney of Record. Attorney Asdourian has filed false and deliberately misleading banking records as "Request for Judicial Notice", which was granted by Judge Peter Meeka.
- No declaration or any other record signed by Bank of America authorized person was ever filed in the case.
The letter also points out that due to Mr Samuels position as President of Bet Tzedek, his service s Chief Legal Counsel of Countrywide Financial Corporation, Associate General Counsel of Bank of America and General Counsel of Bank of America Home Loans, and his close personal friendship with many of the judges of the Los Angeles Superior Court, he is in a unique position to assist Homeowner Susan Lomas.
The letter was copied to Chairman Richard Sandler and President Jay Sanderson of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation and to President Brian Moynihan of Bank of America Corporation.
[i] 08-01-08 Case of Borrower Hills (01-22574) in the US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania: Countrywide's three "recreated letters", transcript, and news reports:
[ii] 08-03-05Case of Borrower William Parsley(05-90374), Dkt #248: Judge Jeff Bohm's Memorandum Opinion, rebuking Countrywide's litigation practices, Countrywide's false outside counsel scheme - appearances by counsel who are not Counsel of Record, with "no communications with clients" clause:
[iii] 10-05-05 Countrywide Bank of America NYSE BAC and its President Brian Moynihan Compilation of Records Evidence of Racketeering
10-05-05 Chairs of US Congress Committees of the Judiciary and Banking Are Requested to Join Senator Feinstein's Inquiries on Comptroller of the Currency
[iv] MIT's Paul Krugman New York Times Column
[v] 11-03-20 PRESS RELEASE Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) Bank of America Continues Racketeering in the Los Angeles Superior Court
11-03-20 Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) in the Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles online "Case Summary" and Minutes
11-04-05 Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles Fraud on the Court in a Quiet Title Action
11-04-06 Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) "Request[s] for Judicial Notice"- Additional Evidence of Fraud on the Court in Foreclosure Procedure s
11-04-07 Press Release: Lomas v BofA (KC059379) Judge Meeka is Requested to Restore Due Process, Declare Any Benefits from BofA
11-03-31 Lomas v Bank of America (KC059379) Request and Response for Certification of Authority as Attorney of Record s
[vi] 09-01-27 Bank of America Code of Ethics s
08-12-11 Bank of America - Outside Counsel Procedures
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)