Sustain, the case management system, which originated in Los Angeles County under the tenure of Ronald George in the Los Angeles Superior Court, was opined as fraud. It is by now implemented in some dozen states! CCMS was an initiative of Ronald George as Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court and Chair of the California Judicial Council...
Ronald George, former California Chief Justice and Chair of the California Judicial Council
Los Angeles, March 19 - a recent press release by the California Judicial Council [[i]], indicates the looming implementation of the new California Case Management System (CCMS). In response, Joseph Zernik, PhD, and Human Rights Alert (NGO), called for validation of CCMS by computer experts, subject to legal and public accountability.
CCMS was initiated under the tenure of Ronald George as Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court and Chair of the California Judicial Council. The record shows that Sustain and E-court (both products of Sustain Technologies), were initiated under Ronald George's tenure in leadership positions in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Conditions, which were created in the aftermath in the Los Angeles courts, were subject of the report submitted by Human Rights Alert to the United Nations Human Rights Council in 2010. The report was later incorporated into the professional staff report of the United Nations, and summed up as "corruption of the courts and the legal profession... in California". [[ii]]
- Sustain and E-court were opined as fraud, enabling the conduct of pretense litigations, the issuance of pretense judgments. [[iii]] Nevertheless, Sustain is by now implemented in the courts of some dozen states. [[iv]]
- PACER and CM/ECF, the case management and public access systems of the US District Courts and US Courts of Appeals, were likewise implemented by the Administrative Office of the US Courts without adequate public oversight. The record shows that the systems similarly permit the conduct of pretense litigations in the US Courts, which are presented to the public as valid court actions. [[v], [vi]]
- The Inmate Information Center, the public access system of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, was shown to enable large-scale false imprisonments under the pretense of legality. [[vii]]
- The Supreme Court of the United States implemented a case management system (name unknown) and denies any public access to valid judicial records. [[viii]]
Combined, such fraudulent computer systems undermine Justice and Human Rights in the United States and facilitate judicial corruption.
Therefore, Human Rights Alert (NGO) calls for validation of CCMS by computer experts, subject to public and legal accountability, prior to implementation of the system in any California courts.
[i] 11-02-14 AOC Adopts All Recommendations of State Audit of CCMS (California Case Management System) - News Release by the Judicial Council of California, Administrative Office of the Courts
[ii] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession".
[iii] 09-04-20 Prof Eliyahu Shamir's Opinion Letter re: Sustain - the Case Management System of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
[iv] 11-02-06 Sustain Technologies - Corruption of the State Courts has deep roots in Los Angeles County, California
[v] Zernik, J: Data Mining of Online Judicial Records of the Networked US Federal Courts, International Journal on Social Media: Monitoring, Measurement, Mining, 1:69-83 (2010)
[vi] 11-02-09 Press Release: 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' - the US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit Insists on Conducting a Pretense Appeal from a Pretense Judgment of the US District Court
[vii] Zernik, J: Data Mining as a Civic Duty - Online Public Prisoners' Registration Systems, International Journal on Social Media: Monitoring, Measurement, Mining 1: 84-96 (2010)
[viii] 11-01-25 Request for Impeachment of US Supreme Court Clerk WILLIAM SUTER
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)