Tuesday, August 28, 2012

12-08-28 More on Bank HaPoalim, LTD





The desire of Bank HaPoalim, LTD, Israel, to enforce compliance with US law in Israel came up already in my first visit to the bank a couple of years ago.  In consultation with my private banking officer, I chose NOT to comply with US law in Israel relative to IRS filing (since I do not reside in the United States now).

Therefore, my private banking officer advised me not to deposit any funds in US based instruments.  Accordingly, all my money was ONLY in Israeli accounts, mostly NIS (checking account and various fix term closed accounts), and some in USD accounts, but only chccking/cash accounts, held by Bank HaPoalim, LTD, Israel).

I also made not transactions at all during the entire period, except for cash withdrawals and reclosing of accounts, whose term had expired.

No comments: