Tuesday, August 28, 2012

12-08-28 Dispatch de Barcelona, on vacance: Oh, Barcelona, Barcelona...


University Square, Barcelona

I got to Barcelona yetsterday, and set shop in the hostel at 602 |Gran Via de les Corts Catalenes.

Uniformed Police:  |first, I looked for uniformed police.  Found a couple, near a parked police car, on a side street.  They were very polite, but refused to be photographed with me.  However, photographing the car was \OK.

Occupy:  Next, I had to decide what square to occupy, and the choice was clear - Plaza de la Universidad.  A beautiful large square nearby.

Undercover Police:  I spent by now a good number of hours around the square.  Have not noticed yet any undercover police jumping any civilians and dragging them into dark staircases. 

Language Barrier: Moi parle una mixtura uniqua de todos dialectos latinos vernaculares. Big mistake.  They think I really understand Catalan or Castellano, and answer full speed.  The elderly ladies don't stop talking until the bus arrives.

Cita' del Amor:  Barcelona is clearly The City of Love.  I saw yesterday an elderly couple walking in the square hand in hand.  I asked them: Catalanos amorosos?  The elderly lady immediately corrected me: Amigos solamente...

Money:  There are different  ways to come to Barcelona.  I arrived loaded with cash, after Bank HaPoalim kindly informed me that they were seizing all my assets on September 1, pursuant to their own "internal prodcedure".  I hope I don't get wild... :)

No comments: