Monday, November 3, 2014

2014-11-02 Preparing for winter at OccupyTLV - scanning personal pics


2014-11-02 Preparing for winter at OccupyTLV - scanning personal pics
==================================
The Tel-Aviv muni is giving us a hard time, and every time I move my tent things get wet, broken and damaged. Last year I gave some historical documents to the National Archive. This winter, I decided to scan personal pics that I still have left after all travails.
This one is one of my favorite, A portrait of me, 1980 in Jerusalem, taken by my late friend Edud Maletz, who wrote an inscription on the back. After he died in a car accident, I wrote a note to our common friend, Anton Shammas, the Israeli-Arab writer, who by then was living in the US. Shammas wrote back to me that Ehud was one of the most engaged and most engaging persons he had known.

No comments: