I see people from around the world on a daily basis, particularly from Europe. The overall mood is somewhat anxious, sometimes desperate, but always no trust of government and corporate media information.
There is also a real concern regarding repression of the People's internet communications. 
Recent events surrounding Assange and Wikileaks, and blackout of the Occupy Wall Street events demonstrate the ease with which news are manipulated today.  Corporate control of news media and access to digital information enable easy flooding of the networks with false data, to the point that the authentic data will simply be drowned.
Therefore, the need for more people's reporting is obvious.
I believe that the most urgent areas, where independent reporting is needed are:
a) Radiation levels
- A couple of weeks ago there an accident in the Marcoule, France, where one person was "carbonized" and four others seriously hurt. It was for a few hours on the news, in a minor way, then covered up as "industrial", "non-nuclear" accident. There is no way that I know of to get independent radiation data from Europe. However, media reported that the French are notorious for cheating on radiation problems, as seen during the Chernobyl disaster: Germany reported a cloud of radioactivity passing over it, but the French claimed there was no radiation in France (but it reached England and North America). Coincidentally, France's nuclear industry is one of the biggest in the world.
- The same problem was seen of course also in Japan, where eventually some international monitors got involved in measuring radiation, because the Japanese data were not trusted by people inside or outside Japan.
b) Unusual deaths or disappearances of persons
- There is widespread fear, for obvious reasons, regarding the loss of fundamental Human Rights in "western democracies".
- With economic collapse, repression is likely to dramatically intensify.
There is of course a need to consult experts in the various fields.
As first approximation:
In order to create an independent network of reporters, it may be necessary to generate short reports, to be posted anonymously online, providing the general area from which they were derived. Such reports may be a few seconds worth of video (e.g. of your radiation gauge, which you can get today for a few dollars. It does not have to be the most accurate, as long as you operate it in a consistent manner).
In order to make any such reporting worthwhile, it must be launched well in advance, on a routine basis (e.g. every week, every several weeks...), so that there is sufficient baseline data to detect manipulations, falsifications, etc, through statistical analysis.
Separately, there is a need for reporting (anonymous or not), by people, who have the freedom to travel to various parts of the world on business or pleasure, in order to improve data authenticity. 
Needless to say, the issues outlined above are part of the setting in of the Medieval-Digital Era. 
 11-09-23 Fear of Repression of Internet Communications in the United States…_Chronicles of Higher Education
 11-09-21 Want to Know What is Going on in the Anonymous Wall Street Occupation? Read Russia Today!
 11-09-15 PRESS RELEASE: Civil Unrest in the United States – Preparing Quick Deployment National and International Observers 11-09-09 The Medieval-Digital Era / Robber Baron Revival Era - User_InproperinLA - Wikipedia - soon to be deleted
- At 12:24 AM 10/9/2011, A wrote:
interesting exchange May I respectfully suggest you take a closer look. A