Saturday, February 19, 2011

11-02-20 Continued Integrity Crisis of the US Justice System // Continúa la crisis de la integridad de los EE.UU. Sistema de Justicia // 正直,持续危机的美国司法系统

From: Charles Heckman
Subject: RE: [AMOJ_MAIN] Fwd: TIME CHANGE for Government Corruption Crisis Conference and 1,000,000 People Plan


 
   In an ongoing discrimination lawsuit involving government fraud, I had an exchange of e-mails with the U.S. Attorney representing delinquent agencies yesterday.  He wanted me to agree to give him an extra 30 days to file dispositive motions.  I told him I would agree only if he would guarantee that I received all of the discovery documents he has been promising me since last September.  He promised them for March 4, but there were no enforcement provisions for his agreement.  I said that I would agree if he would sign a formal agreement that any civil servant who refused to release a document that should be released would be prosecuted by the Department of Justice for obstruction of justice.  He said that I should make a "reasonable" proposal.
   I think that says it all.  It is now considered unreasonable for a civil servant to be prosecuted if he or she commits a felony.  This is the current mindset of our government lawyers.  Some people are just above all laws.
Charles Heckman



No comments: