Friday, May 12, 2017

2017-05-12 LA - bottomless corruption of the justice system

2017-05-12 LA - bottomless corruption of the justice system
============
2017-05-12 LA - bottomless corruption of the justice system
============
Sheriff Lee Baca may be on his way to prison on various charges related to his corruption. Until I see his picture in the orange pajamas I ain't buying the story... :)
However, already the 2006 Blue Ribbon Report, and likewise the independent reports of Prof Erwin Chemerinsky and Prof David Burcham explained that the the core of the corruption are the LA Superior Court judges. But they are untouchable!
My connection to the story is two-fold:
a) As an activist in support of Richard Fine - 70 yo former US prosecutor. Fine exposed that LA judges took bribes. Lee Baca grabbed him and held him for 18 months in solitary confinement with no lawful arrest warrant.
b) I had a short stint in Twin Towers Jail. The prisoners, mostly black and latinos, gang members, asked me to preach on Sunday morning, and in return helped me get out of there...

Former Sheriff Lee Baca has been ordered to serve three years in prison.
PATCH.COM

No comments: