Saturday, February 1, 2014

14-02-01 US: NH in my mind

I just can't believe they even had these monsters in NH.
I remember spending summers there in small towns when I lived in CT.... Small cottage of a friend. It was abandoned most of the year, and when you went in, you had to first clean it up from the dust.
The only shop in town tripled as the Dry Goods Store, the Post Office, and the Bank... They had a fence around each corner, to show which part was which business, and the owner would move around on demand...
And when I was in grad school, the only students' association meeting of significance was the budget meeting. On the agenda: finding a volunteer to drive to NH, buy beer with the entire budget...
But surely, now they face terror threats on all sides in NH... the people v gov... So police must be militarized... jz

No comments: